Thursday 13 February 2014

TEAM:NULC Student Ben Saville- My story


Hi, I’m Ben. I’m 17 and I’m a sports science student here at Newcastle College. I am also a 2nd dan black belt in karate and as of the first of February a member of the KUGB England Karate Squad. During my last grading, I was asked by the head instructor, to travel up to the Red Triangle Dojo in Liverpool for the England Squad trials. The overall trial lasted around 5 hours, with tests for everything, including stamina, coordination and speed and I had to compete against everyone who wanted to be in the squad. As you can imagine, I was exhausted by the end!! I will have to travel to Liverpool for training each month and I will compete in my first Grand Slam Competition in March this year. I am so pleased to be part of the squad as I always doubted my own ability but I’ve had so much support from my club members and family and I got there in the end.
Everyone at NULC Academy of Sport is very proud of Ben and achievements. We wish him the best of luck when competing and training for England.

Well done Ben!!


Ben is 2nd on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment